Saturday, December 1, 2012

Maybe Moving Out of My Apartment

I spent Thanksgiving with Cole, his sister, and his parents.Cole has the kind of family I wish I could provide for my daughter and seeing her with them makes me both happy and ashamed. Analise is a natural extrovert and she basks in the attention from Cole’s family. Part of me feels that is makes it more apparent how my situation falls short and I also worry that a falling-out between Cole and I would take this, yet another disappointment, away from her. At times, I also think that this would likely be a typical Thanksgiving for me if Cole and I were together.

My big news however is that Cole offered for me to move into his parents' carriage house, which is where he is currently living. He's house hunting right now and hopes to be out of there right around the time that I would be renewing my lease. Initially, I told him I certainly couldn't take his offer, but he was insistent, claiming it was his parents' idea. He's done quite a bit of renovation since I last say it. He showed me around when I was there on Thanksgiving and I have to say, it's a huge improvement over my current place, as well as ridiculously low rent. It's tempting, but it also makes things a bit more complicated between Cole and I. He works for his dad, so it's not like he'd ever be stopping by. I told him I'd think about it, but I have to admit, it's an irresistible (and incredibly generous) offer.